“THE MOST IMITATED RESTAURANT IN AMERICA”
In 1971, Mariano Martinez imagined a unique Mexican cuisine restaurant concept in Dallas which he opened with $500 and an SBA loan. The restaurant was so popular that Mariano had to reimagine how to keep up with demand for blender-made frozen margaritas. This led to his invention of the Frozen Margarita Machine, which is such a part of our culture that it now resides in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. Mariano’s imagination is still evolving America’s margaritas to this day, recently creating a new handcrafted margarita on the rocks collection.
Read the full story and watch Mariano’s ABC News Nightline interview here, or visit the Wikipedia page.
- The Most Imitated Restaurant in America
- A Dallas Restaurant Owner Remembers Life in Texas BT-Before Tex-Mex
- The Southern Story Behind the Frozen Margarita Machine
- The Uniquely Texan Origins of the Frozen Margarita
- Margarita Machine Makes Way to Smithsonian By Coleen McCain Nelson / The Dallas Morning News
- The Story Of A Man Who Made It – Mariano Martinez Jr.
- Quick Backstory of The World’s First Frozen Margarita Machine.
- Bob Hope Standup at SMU
- National Museum of American History Acquires Frozen Margarita Machine
- 15 Random Things You Can Totally Thank Texas For By Brice Sander / Buzzfeed
- The 10 Best Margaritas in Dallas By Amy McCarthy / Dallas Observer
- Mariano Martinez: Inventor, Visionary, Legend Behind Great Mexican Food in DFW By Angela Patterson, About.com Guide
- Margarita Machine Shook Up History – Dallas Morning News
- Margarita Man’s Smithsonian Adventure – The Carmel Pine Cone
- Parade Magazine Article
- Featured Restaurant: La Hacienda Ranch – Dallas Real Estate Blog
- Smithsonian Limelight for Margarita Machine – Monterey Herald
- State of Texas Proclamations
- Dallas City Council Proclamation
- D Magazine Front Burner
- Dallas in a Glass by Eric Celeste – Dallas Morning News
- Toast of the Town – Texas Driver Magazine
- Frozen or On The Rocks? The Margarita Revival – Tex-Mex Cookbook
- The First Frozen Margarita – Where Guidebook
- High Profile Article
- 14 Best Things to Do in Arlington, Texas
- Mariano Martinez and the Worlds First Frozen Margarita Machine.
- Mariano Martinez on Rachel Ray’s Tasty Travels.
What Makes Us Different
From the original frozen margarita to transforming Texas Ranch Cuisine, innovation has always been at home in our kitchen. And it continues today with our custom-designed log fired grills. Using sweet mesquite wood logs, they burn hotter and faster than conventional grills, giving our fire-roasted salsa, steaks and seafood incredible flavor.
Quality Is Our Key Ingredient
It’s not just mesquite logs that give our food amazing taste, it’s the quality of our ingredients. Locally sourced, farm-fresh produce. Premium fajitas. All natural, Texas-grown chicken. Midwestern corn-fed steaks, hand selected and aged for 28 days. And, of course 100% Blue Agave tequila.
From the original Mariano’s that opened in 1971 to our six neighborhood restaurants, we welcome you to come on in and enjoy Texas Ranch Cuisine served by people who care, amidst authentic Texas ranch decor with a dash of vaquero. We also have special event rooms available to accommodate your next event.